[openstack-dev] [glance] allow a ranking mechanism for glance-api to order image locations

Steve Lewis stevelle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:41:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Jake Yip <jake.yip at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> I am wondering anyone else have solved this before? I would like to hear
> your opinions on how we can achieve this, and whether ranking it by
> metadata is the way to go.

I spoke with an operator in Vancouver (Spring 2015 Summit) who wanted
similar functionality for his environment (relying on Ceph and Swift
storage with a multi-region cloud) and I believe this solution would
partially-satisfy his use case and could help close the functional gap.

Thanks for bringing it up. I'm interested in helping see this delivered.

--
SteveL