[openstack-dev] Shovel (RackHD/OpenStack)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Jan 18 09:56:34 UTC 2016

Heck, Joseph wrote:
> Thanks for the links Jeremy! I'm still reading through what exactly
> "bigtent" means, not sure I grok the placement for littler/ancillary
> things like this effort, but the the links are hugely helpful!

Hey Joe, welcome back :P

Rather than defining OpenStack around the "Integrated Release", and
having integrated, incubated and stackforge things, we now define
OpenStack based on a mission and way to do development, and have only
one category of official things.

If RackHD helps with the OpenStack Mission and is developed in the
OpenStack Way, then it can definitely apply to become "an OpenStack
project". It's still a bit far away from that state though... the first
step if you want to go in that direction would be to host it under
OpenStack dev infrastructure.

Cheers :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)