[openstack-dev] changing in neutron code

Smigiel, Dariusz dariusz.smigiel at intel.com
Mon Jan 18 07:38:35 UTC 2016

Hey Atif,
Welcome to the Community.
If you do not know where to start, I'd suggest to read this wiki page [1].
Because you've mentioned Neutron, you can join #openstack-neutron channel on Freenode and talk to other people there.
Kilo release is currently considered stable, so just bugfix are allowed to be sent there, to prevent from regression problems. If you wanna get more info about this, talk to Stable Team [2]
In case of testing your changes, you can do this by running tox, write some unittests, integration tests and of course check if you're changes are OK, by deploying in testing cloud. [3]

If you have more questions, feel free to use Ask Openstack [4]

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/StableTeam
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Network/Testing
[4] https://ask.openstack.org/en/questions/