[openstack-dev] [all] Proposal: copyright-holders file in each project, or copyright holding forced to the OpenStack Foundation

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Jan 16 14:16:05 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-16 12:14:20 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> I've just asked this very point with the same example to the FTP
> masters. Let's see what they say...

Please point them to the archive for this thread. Specifically it
would be helpful for them to give _you_ feedback on your attempts to
switch or remove a large free software project's declared
contributor copyrights for your own packaging convenience. I
particularly find it galling that you suggest we should switch from
contributor-held copyright to a copyright assignment model because
it would make your life as a package maintainer easier. If there was
ever a good reason for copyright assignment in free software, that's
not it.
--
Jeremy Stanley