[openstack-dev] Shovel (RackHD/OpenStack)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 15 19:41:15 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-15 18:44:42 +0000 (+0000), Heck, Joseph wrote:
[...]
> I haven’t been following the community and the norms closely for a couple
> years - Stackforge appears to have dissipated in favor of projects in
> incubation to share things like this. Is that accurate?

The idea of "incubating" before becoming an official project
basically went away with the advent of the "Big Tent"[1]. Also the
_term_ "StackForge" isn't dead (yet[2] anyway), but we have
unofficial^WStackForge repos just share the same Git repository
namespace[3] with official ones now for ease of management and to
reduce the amount of disruptive renaming we used to have to
accommodate moving between namespaces.

[1] http://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20141202-project-structure-reform-spec.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/265352
[3] http://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20150615-stackforge-retirement.html