[openstack-dev] Flame creates incorrect HEAT template for provider network

Vikram Hosakote (vhosakot) vhosakot at cisco.com
Fri Jan 15 15:19:22 UTC 2016

Hi OpenStack Flame developers,

I see that the HEAT template generated by OpenStack Flame for a provider
network is incorrect and has missing fields.

For the provider network Provider_153, Flame creates the HEAT template

  network_0:
    properties:
      admin_state_up: true
      name: Provider_153
      shared: true
    type: OS::Neutron::Net

instead of

  network_0:
    properties:
      admin_state_up: true
      name: Provider_153
      shared: true
      provider:physical_network: physnet2  <- Missing
      provider:network_type: vlan          <- Missing
      provider:segmentation_id: 153        <- Missing
    type: OS::Neutron::Net

If I propose a fix for this bug, will I get an ATC code for the OpenStack summit in
Austin ?  Also, I am not able to find the OpenStack Flame project in Launchpad
https://launchpad.net/openstack. Where do I file this bug ?

I cloned Flame from https://github.com/openstack/flame.

FYI, the neutron CLI used to create the provider network is

neutron net-create --provider:physical_network=physnet2 --provider:network_type=vlan --provider:segmentation_id=153 --shared Provider_153

Regards,
Vikram Hosakote
OpenStack Software Developer
Cisco Systems