[openstack-dev] [kolla] Heka v ELK stack logistics

Eric LEMOINE elemoine at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 15 12:42:53 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Michal Rostecki
<mrostecki at mirantis.com> wrote:
> On 01/15/2016 11:14 AM, Simon Pasquier wrote:
>>
>> My 2 cents on RabbitMQ logging...
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Michal Rostecki <mrostecki at mirantis.com
>> <mailto:mrostecki at mirantis.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I'd suggest to check the similar options in RabbitMQ and other
>>     non-OpenStack components.
>>

>> AFAICT RabbitMQ can't log to Syslog anyway. But you have option to make
>> RabbitMQ log to stdout [1].
>> BR,
>> Simon.
>> [1] http://www.superpumpup.com/docker-rabbitmq-stdout
>>

> That's OK for Heka/Mesos/k8s approach.
>
> Just for the curiosity,
> @inc0: so we don't receive any logs from RabbitMQ in the current rsyslog
> approach?

/var/lib/docker/volumes/rsyslog/_data is where logs are stored, and
you'll see that there is no file for RabbitMQ.  This is related to
RabbitMQ not logging to syslog.  So our impression is that Kolla
doesn't at all collect RabbitMQ logs today.  I guess this should be
fixed.