[openstack-dev] [cinder] Should we fix XML request issues?

Michał Dulko michal.dulko at intel.com
Fri Jan 15 08:08:54 UTC 2016

On 01/15/2016 07:14 AM, Jethani, Ravishekar wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I have come across a few 500 response issues while sending request
> body as XML to cinder service. For example:
>
> <snip!>
>
> I can see that XML support has been marked as depricated and will be
> removed in 'N' release. So is it still worth trying fixing these
> issues during Mitaka time frame?
>
> Thanks.
> Ravi Jethani

One of the reasons XML API was deprecated is the fact that it weren't
getting much CI testing and as Doug Hellmann once mentioned - "if
something isn't tested then it isn't working".

I'm okay with fixing it (if someone really needs that feature), but we
don't have any means to prevent further regressions, so it may not be
worth it.