[openstack-dev] What's Up, Doc? 15 January

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Jan 15 04:17:52 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Welcome to 2016! A short newsletter this week as I get my feet back under me after my vacation. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday period, and got some well-earned down time. I'm looking forward to working hard with you all over the next few months to get Mitaka out into the wild :)

== Progress towards Mitaka ==

82 days to go!

324 bugs closed so far for this release.

RST Conversions
* All RST conversions are now complete! Well done to all the contributors and reviewers who made this happen so quickly this time around. We are now, with only a couple of exceptions, completely converted. Great job :)

Reorganisations
* Arch Guide
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/archguide-mitaka-reorg
** Contact the Ops Guide Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OpsGuide
* User Guides
** https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/user-guides-reorganised
** Contact the User Guide Speciality team: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/User_Guides

DocImpact
* After some discussion on the dev list, we're adjusting our approach to this problem. Watch this space.

== Speciality Teams ==

No updates this week, as I'm totally disorganised. Next week for sure!

== Core Team Changes ==

I would like to offer a warm welcome to Atsushi Sakai as our newest core team member. Welcome to the team :)

We will resume regular reviews in February 2016.

== Doc team meeting ==

There's been some confusion over the meeting schedule, but as far as I can tell, these are the next meeting dates:

Next meetings:
US: Wednesday 20 January, 14:00 UTC
APAC: Wednesday 27 January, 00:30 UTC

Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting