[openstack-dev] [neutron] Testing Neutron with latest OVS

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Jan 14 21:45:39 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 01:32 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:30:03PM +0000, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 03:13:16PM CST, Clark Boylan wrote:
> > > Forgive my ignorance, but if we are gating on OVS 2.0 that is because it
> > > is what is shipped with the distros that we test on. Are we saying that
> > > no one uses the distro provided OVS packages to run Neutron? If not what
> > > are they using?
> >
> > Right - this was my impression as well.
>
> Even Debian stable (jessie) has OVS 2.3, what distro has 2.0?

For the three distro releases we currently test on
Ubuntu Trusty: 2.0.2
CentOS7: 2.4.0
Fedora 23 (not actually used just yet, but is being worked on): 2.4.0

If we enable cloud archive it looks like we would have access to 2.4.0
on Trusty. Historically we haven't used the cloud archive because it was
broken. At least libvirt and mongodb did not function well enough to
gate against. That may no longer be the case and is something we could
consider adding to jobs, but we would have to be careful to avoid the
same problems we have had in the past.

Clark