[openstack-dev] [glance][artifacts] FFE for Glare specs

Alexander Tivelkov ativelkov at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 14 14:59:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

Unfortunately I skipped the "spec freeze exception week" due to a long
holiday season, so I'd like to ask for the freeze exception for the
following two specs now:

*1. Add more implementation details to 'deprecate-v3-api'* [1]
*2. Glare Public API *[2]

Spec [1] is actually a patch adding more concrete details to the spec which
describes the removal of glance v3 API in favour of standalone glare v0.1
API ([3]), which was accepted for Mitaka and merged. So, it makes no sense
to me in accepting [3] but postponing [1] which actually just adds more
details of the very same job.

The second spec ([2]) aims to stabilise the glare API by addressing DefCore
and API-WG comments to the currently present API. The discussions of this
API tend to take a lot, but the actual implementation is really quick
(since these are just changes in API routers with the same domain and DB
and  code underneath), and I believe that we will still be able to do this
work in Mitaka, even if the spec will be approved much later in the cycle.
Also, we've agreed that for this type of work our FastTrack approach should
still be applied, which means much less review burden required.

Thanks for considering this

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/259427/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254710/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254163/