[openstack-dev] [neutron] Testing Neutron with latest OVS

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 14:28:36 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 11:51 PM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> The challenge for you guys is the kernel side of things but if I
> understood correctly you can get the kenrel module from the ovs
> source tree and just compile it against the stock ubuntu kernel
> (assuming the kernel devel headers are available) is that right?

It's kernel and userspace.  There's multiple current development
efforts that involve changes to OpenStack, OVS userspace, and the
appropriate datapath (OVS kernel module or DPDK).

The consensus I'm picking up roughly is that for those working on the
features, testing with source builds seems to be working fine.  It's
just not something anyone wants to gate the main Neutron repo with.
That seems quite reasonable.  If the features aren't in proper
releases yet, I don't see gating as that important anyway.

--
Russell Bryant