[openstack-dev] [zuul][infra] Synchronizing state of Zuul with Gerrit

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:44:27 UTC 2016

Today we had a change [0] that somehow weren't being picked up by Zuul to
gate queue although it had Workflow+1 and Verified+1. Only after I added
another Workflow+1 it did get Zuul's attention. I don't know what exactly
happen, but it seems Zuul didn't notice (lost) either initial Verified+1 or
Workflow+1 from dims and so later rechecks had no effect.

I wonder if we need another step in synchronizing state between Zuul and
Gerrit to avoid such issues. I think we could benefit from Zuul
periodically querying Gerrit for changes that should be in queues and
ensuring that they are where they are supposed to be. This can happen once
in an hour or evel less often to avoid any visible impact on Gerrit side.

I think this can be implemented by adding a Gerrit query to every pipeline
in layout.yaml and running it with cron trigger.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/265982