[openstack-dev] [Bareon][Fuel] Dynamic allocation algorithm

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 13 11:14:44 UTC 2016

Hi Artur,

You are correct, we probably may consider using bytes instead of megabytes.

Regarding to question "ssd vs hdd", user can describe which space is better
to allocate on ssd and which is better on hdd, the mechanism is completely
data driven,
it can be done using "best_with_disks" [0], in fact it covers much more
cases,
since user can build sets of disks where space can be allocated based on any
parameter of HW which discovery can provide.

Thanks,

[0]
http://bareon-allocator.readthedocs.org/en/latest/architecture.html#best-with-disks