[openstack-dev] [infra][all] "openstack-meeting-cp" == "openstack-meeting-5"?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jan 13 11:11:27 UTC 2016

Markus Zoeller wrote:
> Understood. Would it then be possible to create a new channel
> "openstack-meeting-5"? The short time span I have as an overlap
> with the US folks already uses all existing 4 meeting rooms.

We limit the number of channels by design, to limit the number of
concurrent meetings:

http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/open-community.html#public-meetings-on-irc

That said, at some point there just isn't enough choice and we add new
channels. I'm not sure the schedule is overloaded yet, though. Only a
few times in the week seem to have all their slots booked.

One possible solution here would be to check if the meetings currently
scheduled on your ideal slots are actually still using the spot, as
there are a non-trivial amount of dead meetings around. You can ping me
on IRC so that we do a quick check.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)