[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Team meeting on Tuesday 1400UTC

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 22:14:51 UTC 2016

On 11 January 2016 at 13:54, Hirofumi Ichihara <
ichihara.hirofumi at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> On 2016/01/12 5:14, Armando M. wrote:
>

> On 11 January 2016 at 12:04, Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:
>
>> What do we do?  My calendar was set up with the sane bi-weekly thing
>> and it shows the meeting for tomorrow.  The last word from our
>> fearless leader is that we'll have it today.  So, I'll be there today
>> unless instructed otherwise.
>>
>> The ics file now seems to reset the cadence beginning today at 2100
>> and next Tuesday, the 19th, at 1400.  I guess we should either hold
>> the meeting today and reset the cadence or fix the ics file.
>>

> This is what I would like to do now:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/266019
>
> I personally haven't seen that much of an attendance difference anyway,
> and at this point, it'll simplify our lives and avoid grief going forward.
>
> I like it.
>
> However, we have gathered from all over the world because neutron is big
> project. Should we have the choice so that more people get attendance
> opportunity?

This time, the return to the normal schedule was a disaster, plus every
time we switch to daylight savings, or every time there's a holiday
break/summit we have twice the chances to screw up if we keep the bi-weekly
schedule.

If I go and look at the logs [1] I don't have hard evidence that the
bi-weekly schedule does indeed help the attendance of friendlier timezones,
so I wonder...what's the point?

A.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/networking/