[openstack-dev] Cinder as generic volume manager

Ivan Kolodyazhny e0ne at e0ne.info
Mon Jan 11 11:37:53 UTC 2016

Hi Team,

Let me introduce updates related to use-cinder-without-nova blueprint [1].
According to spec [2] we've introduced new python-brick-cinderclient-ext
project [3]. It's an official Cinder project and implemented as an
extension to python-cinderclient.

For now, it supports only 'get-connector' CLI and Python API. The next
steps are:

   - setup functional tests job for our CI to test it over each patch
   - implement attach/detach API
   - implement 'force detach' from the Cinder side.

Any feedback, comments and contribution are welcome!

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/use-cinder-without-nova
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/224124/
[3] https://github.com/openstack/python-brick-cinderclient-ext

Regards,