[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 10:06:58 UTC 2016

Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com> wrote:

> Just a quick update where we are:
>
> Increasing the verbosity of the SSH session into the instance that is
> created during the cinder portion is showing that we are actually
> connecting to the instance successfully. We get the dropbear SSH banner,
> but then the instance hangs. Eventually SSH terminates the connection, 5
> minutes later.
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/35/187235/12/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/984e651/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2016-01-08_20_13_40_040

As per [1], could be related to mtu on the interface. Do we configure MTU
on external devices to accommodate for tunnelling headers?

As per [2] neutron server logs, the network in question is vxlan.

If that’s indeed the mtu issue, and since Cirros does not support DHCP MTU
option documented for ml2 at [3], I don’t know how to validate whether it’s
indeed the issue.

Also, what’s the underlying infrastructure that is available in gate? Does
it allow vlan for tenant networks? (We could enforce vlan for the network
and see whether it fixes the issue.)

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/1254085
[2]
http://logs.openstack.org/35/187235/11/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/a5af283/logs/old/screen-q-svc.txt.gz#_2015-11-30_19_28_44_685