[openstack-dev] [oslo][osdk] PrettyTable needs a home in OpenStack

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Fri Jan 8 22:06:55 UTC 2016

I'm fine with #2 or #1

The oslo automaton lib also uses pretty table to generate state-machine
tables (a useful feature to have, but not a necessity).

https://github.com/openstack/automaton/blob/master/requirements.txt#L14

So I'd def help keep prettytable going, of course another option is to
move to https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tabulate (which does seem active
and/or maintained); tabulate provides pretty much the same thing
(actually more table formats @
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tabulate#table-format ) than prettytable
and the api is pretty much the same (or nearly).

So that's another way to handle this (just to move off prettytable
entirely).

-Josh