[openstack-dev] [nova][bugs] help needed: volunteers for bug skimming (1 week)

Augustina Ragwitz aragwitz at pobox.com
Fri Jan 8 20:01:16 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-08 11:27, Anthony Chow wrote:
> There is an URL for the duty:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Weekly_bug_skimming_duty
> [3]

Right, I read the wiki and it wasn't clear to me. Here's what the wiki
says:

"Since Nova is such an active project with a high number of incoming bug
reports, we have a separate process for categorizing bugs and
distributing the load of triage to a larger group of people."

and

"To help make sure that the triage queue stays under control, the
following table lists the people that have committed to regularly
triaging bugs for a given tag."

The term "skimming" implies something done quickly at a surface level
(like skimming off the fat or skimming a book). So I'm just asking, as
part of "skimming" duty, are we also confirming the bugs, (confirming
looks like it falls under the "Triaging" step), or is "skimming" just
about tagging and getting the bugs into the triaging queues?

Thanks!

Augustina