[openstack-dev] [infra][stackalytics] some projects not visible in stackalytics now

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 8 16:37:08 UTC 2016

Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> Does this mean big tent projects = TC approved ? My understanding was
> that for those project migrated from stackforge to OpenStack infra now,
> is OpenStack big tent projects but not TC-approved OpenStack projects.

No. As was made pretty clear when Stackforge was decommissioned (but
apparently not clear enough), being hosted under the OpenStack
infrastructure does not equate being an official OpenStack project
(under the "big tent"). To become an OpenStack project, you need to help
with the OpenStack Mission and follow the OpenStack way, and then apply
to the Technical Committee for recognition.

Only TC-recognized projects are allowed to use the OpenStack name in
conjunction with their project name, so calling them "openstack others"
projects is misleading.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)