[openstack-dev] [oslo][osdk] PrettyTable needs a home in OpenStack

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 13:06:28 UTC 2016

Greetings,

As some of you know already, google code is going to be shutdown. Some
projects we're using are hosted and, unfortunately, some of them are
unmaintained and perhaps going away.

One of these projects is PrettyTable. This point was raised by Erno in
this patch[0] from jd__. PrettyTable is not just being used in several
openstack specific projects but it's also a transitive dependency for
all client libraries using cliff.

With all that in mind, I've contacted the author of the library and
asked him if it'd be ok for us (OpenStack) to adopt this library. The
author accepted and granted me access to the project on pypi.

I'm saying all the above because we now need to find a home for it in
OpenStack.

I've identified 2 possible places:

1) Oslo, as we maintaing cross-project libraries and some of them are
not in the oslo namespace

2) OpenStack Client team as they maintain cliff already and it'd
perhaps make more sense to have this library there.

One thing to note is that this library has been quite stable, which
means it won't, hopefully, add too much work to the team.

Thoughts?

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/234340/

--
@flaper87