[openstack-dev] [nova] Proposal for new metrics-threshold-filter

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri Jan 8 12:47:10 UTC 2016

On 7 January 2016 at 18:49, SURO <suro.patz at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have proposed a nova-spec[1] for a new scheduling filter based on
>> metrics thresholds. This is slightly different than weighted metrics filter.
>> The rationale and use-case is explained in detail in the spec[1].
>>
>> The implementation is also ready for review[2]. The effort is tracked with
>> a blueprint[3].
>>
>> I request the community to review them and provide valuable feedback.
>>

>> [1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/257596/
>> [2] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254423/
>> [3] - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/metrics-threshold-filter

This is very related to the ideas I have written up here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256323/

Please note we have not been accepting new specs for the Mitaka
release, mostly because we have feature freeze in a few weeks.
For more information please see:
http://docs.openstack.org/releases/schedules/mitaka.html#m-nova-bp-freeze
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/process.html#how-do-i-get-my-code-merged

Thanks,