[openstack-dev] [nova][cell] Can nova do live migration cross cells?

少合冯 lvmxhster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:17:50 UTC 2016

Hi, all

Now I'm working on the migrations list/show API.
The new api defines  migrations is a sub-collection of an instance.
GET   v2.1/tenant_id/servers/server-id/migrations/migration-id

I need to support  the new cell API to get a migration of a specified
instance.
get_migration_by_instance_and_id

I read up the nova cell doc.
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/cells.html

It tells us that, the migrations table will be API-level.
The instances table is Cell-level.
So does that means that we can do live migration cross cells?

And also this will affect my code.
If the migrations is API-level, so I do not need a cell name to get the
migrations info from DB.

Or I need to get the cell name by the specified instance, and then get
the migrations
info by _TargetedMessage.

BR
ShaoHe Feng