[openstack-dev] [openstacksdk][nose] Namespace conflict?

Qiming Teng tengqim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 7 05:54:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have been using python-openstacksdk for some time, so far so good.
Just encountered a problem when running latest devstack environment.
The error looks something like:

$ python testsdk.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testsdk.py", line 2, in <module>
    from openstack import profile
ImportError: cannot import name profile

After examining the /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages directory, I found
the package 'openstack.nose-plugin', which is using the 'openstack'
namespace. I have no idea what this package is about, why it was
installed and maybe I shouldn't care. The real problem is that this
package is using the 'openstack' namespace. It has only one file:

  /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openstack/nose_plugin.py

This is conflicting with openstacksdk, which was installed somewhere
else. openstacksdk is also using this namespace.

Suggestions to solve this conflict?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
  Qiming