[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-sfc] API clarification questions

Paul Carver pcarver at paulcarver.us
Wed Jan 6 20:34:07 UTC 2016

On 10/28/2015 04:14, Giuseppe (Pino) de Candia wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com
>> <mailto:rbryant at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I read through the proposed SFC API here:
>>
>>     http://docs.openstack.org/developer/networking-sfc/api.html

<snip>

> We have similarly been experimenting with a MidoNet implementation of
> the SFC API.

Russell, Giuseppe,

Have you looked any further at OVN/MidoNet implementations of the SFC API?

It's been a long road to get the initial OvS implementation done and
there are still some pieces that haven't been merged yet but we'd be
very interested in feedback on the pluggable driver model.

The intent has always been to create a common SFC API with an
ML2-inspired separation of the API from the backend so that service
chains can be created using the same API calls across multiple SDN
controller backends.

I'd like to capture feedback on the driver model and whether we've got
the right bits in place to allow for hooking in various SDN controllers.