[openstack-dev] [doc] DocImpact vs. reno

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Wed Jan 6 04:07:43 UTC 2016

> On 6 Jan 2016, at 1:19 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
>
> On 2016-01-06 11:43:34 +1100 (+1100), Lana Brindley wrote:
> [...]
>> I’m starting to think that DocImpact needs to simply be retired then
>
> Alternatively, let the remaining projects which currently auto-open
> bugs for openstack-manuals switch to opening bugs against themselves
> and allow their bug triagers to redirect them to the docs team once
> the requisite details are determined. And then if those projects
> don't want to do the work of enforcing or researching the reasons
> for docimpact headers in individual changes, they can decide to stop
> supporting them on a project-by-project basis.

Well, we’ve already done that for big tent projects. The new job was the solution for the ‘defcore’ projects, which we were guinea-pigging in Nova before rolling it out to the others. But if Nova rejects it, I think that maybe we’re dead in the water.

Lana Brindley
writer:speaker:blogger
http://lanabrindley.com