[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Jan 5 20:01:13 UTC 2016

On 1/5/16, 8:25 AM, "Thomas Goirand" <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

>On 01/04/2016 06:48 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>> Thomas,
>>
>> Adding a distribution to the gating is a very complex activity and
>> requires IIRC a full-time engineer to commit to maintaining the images.
>> Kolla developers can't help here, because we don¹t know how to add
>>Debian
>> images to the gate. Your best bet is to drop by #openstack-infra on irc
>> and ask the appropriate questions. The infra team rocks and can get you
>> headed in the correct direction. But keep in mind, it is a big
>>commitment
>> to add a distro to the gating.
>>
>> Regards
>> -steve
>
>The infra team is busy and haven't been able to help me much, even
>though they all know I really need this.
>
>As for the commitment, I am well aware of it, and I do intend to move
>towards packaging from trunk as soon as I have the Debian image up and
>running. When we do, my colleagues at Mirantis will also move to help me
>there.
>
>Though I need help for the first bootstraping of the image, and I've ask
>for such help for about 5 months already without success ... :(
>
>Cheers,
>
>Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Thomas,

I wish I could help you,  but I have no idea how to add a new base image
to the infrastructure system.  I know when I worked at Red Hat, we had
have a full time engineer work on it for 9 months before Fedora was added.
 The best folks to reach out to are the infra team on #openstack-infra on
irc.  The Kolla developers aren't in any position to solve the problem,
although we would definitely benefit from your work.

Best wishes
-Steve