[openstack-dev] [all] Austin Summit Panel on Generation of Sample Configuration Option Files

Kendall J Nelson kjnelson at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 4 21:50:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

      In brainstorming ideas for talks at the upcoming summit, I thought
about some of the things I had worked on for Cinder and what could still be
improved. One of the things I have been looking into is the generation of
sample configuration option files. Upon initial research it looks like none
of the main projects are doing it the same way. I thought it might be
interesting to get a panel together to talk about how it is done for each
project, why it is done that way for each project, and maybe discuss a more
universal approach that could be implemented in oslo and used by all the
projects. Please let me know if you have knowledge on your project’s method
and are interested in being part of a panel.

If you are interested in looking at Cinder’s approach, here is the patch I
implemented to make the generation of the sample config file dynamic:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/219700/

All the Best,

   Kendall J. Nelson
   Software Engineer &

    Openstack Cinder Contributor

   E-mail: kjnelson at us.ibm.com                         IBM
   Cell Phone: (952) 215- 4025
   IRC Nickname: diablo_rojo                 3605 Hwy 52 N
                                             Rochester, MN
                                                55901-1407
                                             United States