[openstack-dev] [Horizon][stable] Horizon kilo gate fails due to testrepository dependency

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 12:32:53 UTC 2016

Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 12:29:27PM +0100, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
>> Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> testrepository
>>>
>>> Any suggestions here?
>>
>> Seems like pbr importing testrepository, hence the dependency belongs to
>> pbr, not horizon (and as a runtime dependency, not just test only).
>>
>> But note that since pbr 1.1.0, they no longer depend on the package and
>> fail
>> gracefully:
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack-dev/pbr/commit/946cf80b750f3735a5d3b0c2173f4eaa7fad4a81
>>
>> So the proper way would be indeed to make your package to install testr
>> for
>> tests. Not sure why it worked before, but I would bet that some other
>> components installed it for you (devstack? devstack-gate? job definition?
>> some other component previously installed before keystone? Not that it’s
>> too
>> important.)
>>
>> Ihar
>
> Thank you.
>
> I'm a bit confused, why it worked before e.g Dec 20th last year, but
> fails after.
> And it's only failing in kilo, not on liberty.
>
> And even when adding testrepository to test-requirements, it fails,
> because it's missing?
>
> If pbr uses testrepository at run-time, it should be pulled in as
> run-time requirement.

Note that it’s keystone installation that fails, not horizon, and it seems
that it’s for grenade (I see /opt/stack/new/keystone in the logs). I would
expect keystone gate to be broken too, so you could add the dep there and
validate whether it fixes the thing for you.

The best alternative outcome is probably to get a new ‘kilo’ (<1.0) pbr
release that would pull in the dependency for you.

Ihar