[openstack-dev] [devstack] [neutron] Procedure for back-porting a bug fix to stable/liberty branch of a Neutron script in DevStack?

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Sun Jan 3 23:22:39 UTC 2016

> From: Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com>
> Date: 01/03/2016 02:15 PM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [devstack] [neutron] Procedure for
> back-porting a bug fix to stable/liberty branch of a Neutron script
> in DevStack?
>
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz at us.ibm.com>
wrote:
> I would like to back-port https://review.openstack.org/#/c/242721/
> --- which fixed https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1469596---
> to stable/liberty.  I have contributed to main line development
> before, but not stable branches.  I see that http://
> docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.htmldoes not specifically
> address this case.  What is the procedure to follow?

> The best place to look is in the project team guide [1],
> specifically the section on proposing fixes.
>
> [1] http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html
> [2] http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-
> branches.html#proposing-fixes

Regarding the mechanics, I was given the following alternate recipe in a
discussion on #openstack-neutron; I assume it is pretty much equivalent.

"do something like 'git checkout -b libery/backport/###
remotes/origin/stable/liberty' then 'git pull' then 'git review -X ###'
then push it for review"

Thanks,
Mike