[openstack-dev] [all] audience for release notes

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Feb 29 17:51:50 UTC 2016

On 02/29/2016 10:31 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>> Give this a try and see if it works any better:
>>> https://review.openstack.org/285812
>>
>> Oh, thanks so much! I'll try and give feedback on review.d.o. Is the
>> issue around the (missed) use of --debug-quick-random?
>>
>> Why do we need Reno unit tests to generate so many GPG keys btw, why not
>> just one or 2?
>
> As you've noticed, reno scans the history of a git repository to find
> release notes. It doesn't actually read any of the files from the work
> tree. So for tests, we need to create a little git repo and then tag
> commits to look like releases. We do that for a bunch of scenarios, and
> each test case generates a GPG key to use for signing the tags.

The patch works super well, and I uploaded a new version of the Debian
package with unit tests at build time.

However, the combined output of gnupg and testr is a bit ugly. Wouldn't
it be nicer to just generate a single GPG key, reused by multiple tests,
using a unit test fixture?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)