[openstack-dev] Vlan Tenant network

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 29 08:20:41 UTC 2016

Hi Pratti,
yes, this is working! For Openvswitch ml2 driver just configure on the
neutron server in the ml2 configuration file [1][2]

[ml2]
tenant_network_types = flat
type_drivers = local, flat, vlan, gre, vxlan

[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = physnet1:30:40  #where 30-40 is the range of vlan
to use

And in the ovs agent config file (on the network and on each compute
node) [3]

[ovs]
bridge_mappings=physnet1:br-ethx              #where ethx is the
interface in the hypervisor to create the vlans on

Probably you have to create the ovs bridge br-ethx by hand and you need
to add the ethx interface as port into this bridge
> ovs-vsctl add-br br-ethx
> ovs-vsctl add-port br-ethx ethx

Hope that helps

[1]