[openstack-dev] gertty and git diff -U problem

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Feb 28 19:53:37 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-28 19:33:29 +0000 (+0000), Neil Jerram wrote:
> I've just tried to start using gertty, installed in a virtualenv
> using 'pip install gertty' - which means I have version 1.3.1.
[...]
> Any recommendations for getting past this? I think it's to do with
> git-diff not liking the space between -U and 10000.

It's due to a non-backwards-compatible behavior change in GitPython,
rather than a bug in Gertty itself:
https://github.com/gitpython-developers/GitPython/issues/382

You might try rolling back to GitPython 1.0.1 in your environment to
to work around it temporarily, or update to Gertty's master branch
which avoids installing 1.0.2 and later via
https://review.openstack.org/279582
--
Jeremy Stanley