[openstack-dev] [all] A proposal to separate the design summit

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Feb 26 14:02:59 UTC 2016

On 02/23/2016 12:33 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> OpenStack Conference <-- The main event.
> OpenStack:How <-- The developer planning event.
>
> :)
>
> -jay

Probably I'm dumb, but I still don't understand what's wrong with the
name "design summit" for the developer planning event.

Like most free software, OpenStack is a do-o-cracy where one must do the
things to make them happen. Sure, we do listen to our users, but the
design summit is actually where decisions are taken, like it or not...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)