[openstack-dev] [Horizon][Searchlight] Plans for Horizon cross-region view

Brad Pokorny Brad_Pokorny at symantec.com
Thu Feb 25 22:17:44 UTC 2016

The last info I've found on the ML about a cross-region view in Horizon is [1], which mentions making asynchronous calls to the APIs. Has anyone done further work on such a view?

If not, I think it would make sense to only show the view if Searchlight is enabled. One of the Searchlight use cases is cross-region searching, and only using the searchlight APIs would cut down on the slowness of going directly to the service APIs for what would potentially be a lot of records. Thoughts?

[1] http://openstack.markmail.org/message/huk5l73un7t255ox