[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Unable to get IPMI meter readings

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Feb 25 17:20:35 UTC 2016

at quick glance, it seems like data is being generated[1]. if you check
your queues (rabbitmqctl list_queues for rabbit), do you see any items
sitting on notification.sample queue or metering.sample queue? do you
receive other meters fine? maybe you can query db directly to verify
it's not a permission issue.

[1] see: 2016-02-25 13:36:58.909 21226 DEBUG ceilometer.pipeline [-]
Pipeline meter_sink: Transform sample <ceilometer.sample.Sample object
at 0x7f6b3630ae50> from 0 transformer _publish_samples
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ceilometer/pipeline.py:296

On 25/02/2016 8:43 AM, Kapil wrote:
> Below is the output of ceilometer-agent-ipmi in debug mode
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/488180/
>>
> Regards,
> Kapil Agarwal
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Lu, Lianhao <lianhao.lu at intel.com
> <mailto:lianhao.lu at intel.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Feb 25, 2016 06:18, Kapil wrote:
>      > Hi
>      >
>      >
>      > I discussed this problem with gordc on the telemetry IRC channel
>     but I
>      > am still facing issues.
>      >
>      > I am running the ceilometer-agent-ipmi on the compute nodes, I
>     changed
>      > pipeline.yaml of the compute node to include the ipmi meters and
>      > resource as "ipmi://localhost".
>      >
>      >     - name: meter_ipmi
>      >       interval: 60
>      >       resources:
>      >           - ipmi://localhost meters: - "hardware.ipmi.node*" -
>      >           "hardware.ipmi*" - "hardware.degree*" sinks: - meter_sink I
>      > have ipmitool installed on the compute nodes and restarted the
>      > ceilometer services on compute and controller nodes. Yet, I am not
>      > receiving any ipmi meters when I run "ceilometer meter-list". I also
>      > tried passing the hypervisor IP address and the ipmi address I get
>      > when I run "ipmitool lan print" to resources but to no avail.
>      >
>      >
>      > Please help in this regard.
>      >
>      >
>      > Thanks
>      > Kapil Agarwal
>
>     Hi Kapil,
>
>     Would you please turn on debug/verbose configurations and paste the
>     log of ceilometer-agent-ipmi on http://paste.openstack.org ?
>
>     -Lianhao Lu

gord