[openstack-dev] [puppet] What's up in our CI?

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 02:28:47 UTC 2016

1/ CI failures
For those who contributed to Puppet OpenStack modules over the last
days, you might have noticed our CI was pretty unstable.

The main reason is that our 2 scenarios are overloaded by the number of
services & tests, so they randomly timeout.

Here are some actions that should bring back our CI in a good shape:
* Add scenario003 and move some services from 001/002 to 003
  https://review.openstack.org/284388
* Optimize Zuul layout to consume less resources in OpenStack Infra
  https://review.openstack.org/284431
* Continue to reduce to 2 the number of workers when possible
  https://review.openstack.org/284289
* Investigate why `gem install r10k` takes 12 minutes on Internap cloud
  (instead of a few seconds on other clouds)
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283696/

2/ scenario001 is the RBD scenario
scenario001 is now deploying Glance, Nova, Cinder and Gnocchi with RBD
backend (Ceph).
We can call it a Compute + Telemetry + Ceph scenario.

3/ What's next
Currently in the pipe:
* running tempest with plugins
* add Zaqar
* add Neutron FWaaS, LBaaS
* on scenario002: use Swift for Glance backand and Neutron ML2
linuxbridge (instead of ML2 OVS).
* more (please bring ideas & feedback)

Any questions / suggestions are welcome,
--
Emilien Macchi