[openstack-dev] [glance] Austin Design Summit space needs

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:25:19 UTC 2016

Here are a few ideas that I've in mind (more than 6 for now) for the
workroom sessions (of course that can be prioritized):

1. Import refactor
2. Glare
3. Quotas
4. State of Image sharing, community images, Hierarchical Images etc.
5. glance_store improvements, general gate jobs discussions, releases
discussions, logging, notification etc.
6. First hand & closed loop dedicated operator, superuser, general user,
experience, etc. feedback
7. Feedback into the team from other projects, cross projects, general
workflow, etc. changes
8. Priorities discussions

I think we can utilize the contributors meetup for some of them but all
of them potentially involve folks who may not necessarily be first level
contributors to Glance or at all (in case they want to attend other
meetup). Also, asking for 8 (or more than 6) would be ill effect against
being good openstack citizens.

On 2/24/16 12:25 PM, Flavio Percoco wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Nikhil Komawar
> <nik.komawar at gmail.com <mailto:nik.komawar at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Can we make it ? :
>
>     FB 3
>     W 6
>     C 2
>

> Could you elaborate on why you think we need 6 workroom sessions?
>
> Back in Tokyo, 5 seemed more than enough and there will be more
> projects to host in Austin.
>
> Cheers,
> Flavio
>

>     On 2/24/16 10:42 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
>>     Hey Folks,
>>
>>     It's that time of the year. We need to choose what our needs with
>>     regards to slots and sessions are for the next summit.
>>
>>     We can choose among 3 different types of sessions:
>>
>>     * Fishbowl slots (Wed-Thu)
>>     Our traditional largish rooms organized in fishbowl style, with
>>     advertised session content on the summit schedule for increased
>>     external
>>     participation. Ideal for when wider feedback is essential.
>>
>>     * Workroom slots (Tue-Thu)
>>     Smaller rooms organized in boardroom style, with topic buried in the
>>     session description, in an effort to limit attendance and not
>>     overcrowd
>>     the room. Ideal to get work done and prioritize work in small teams.
>>
>>     * Contributors meetup (Fri)
>>     Half-day session(s) on the Friday to get into the Newton action while
>>     decisions and plans are still hot, or to finish discussions started
>>     during the week, whatever works for you.
>>
>>     Our usage in Tokyo was: 3, 5, 2
>>
>>     I'd recommend we keep it that way. Thoughts?
>>     Cheers,
>>     Flavio
>>
>>     --
>>     @flaper87