[openstack-dev] [nova] A prototype implementation towards the "shared state scheduler"

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Feb 24 11:56:28 UTC 2016

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016, Clint Byrum wrote:

> I'd actually also be interested if this has a potential to reduce the
> demand on the message bus. I've been investigating this for a while, and I
> found that RabbitMQ will happily consume 5 high end CPU cores on a single box
> just to serve the needs of 1000 idle compute nodes.

What do we need to do, as a community, to start treating and
thinking about this problem as a bug rather than something we have
to deal with or work around? "Fear of messaging" is putting a big
limitation on our possible solutions to a fair few problems (notably
scheduling).

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/