[openstack-dev] [heat] Questions on template-validate

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 15:04:02 UTC 2016

I am going to bring this up in the team meeting tomorrow, but I figured
I'd send it out here as well. Rather than retype the issue, please look at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1548856

My question is what the desired behavior of template-validate should be,
at least from a historical standpoint of what we've honored in the past.
Before I propose/implement a fix, I want to make sure I'm not violating
any unwritten expectations on how it should work.

On a related note -- and this is going to sound really stupid that I
don't know this answer -- but are there any docs on actually using Heat?
I was looking for docs that may explain what the expectation of
template-validate was but I couldn't really find any.

The wiki links to a number of developer-centric docs (HOT guide,
developer process, etc.). I found the (what I believe to be current)
REST API docs [1] but the only real description is "Validates a template."

Thanks  :D

[1] http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-orchestration-v1.html