[openstack-dev] [cinder] adding a new /v3 endpoint for api-microversions

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Feb 23 11:32:44 UTC 2016

On 02/20/2016 12:38 AM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> AS a point we are also trying to drop "versioned endpoints" as a thing
> from the catalog going forward. Please do not add a "cinderv3" or
> "volumev3" entry to the catalog. This is something that enourages adding
> for every version a new endpoint. If every service had an entry for each
> endpoint version in the catalog it rapidly balloons the size (think of,
> the ~14? services we have now, each with now three entries per "actual
> api endpoint").

I'm actually counting 20 server packages that are setting-up endpoints
and that I have packaged for Debian.

In Tokyo, we discussed moving to a *single* endpoint, instead of 3, for
each service, since only keystone itself really uses the admin endpoint,
and that there's no much point in the internal endpoint as deployments
could magically do the right thing in routing depending on the address
of the requester (like: avoiding public IPs and count traffic when a
glance image is uploaded from within the cloud).

Has anyone started implementing anything after this discussion?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S; +1 for *not* adding more than a single "triplet endpoint" for a
given service.