[openstack-dev] [cinder] adding a new /v3 endpoint for api-microversions

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Feb 23 11:19:45 UTC 2016

On 02/22/2016 10:22 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 12:40:48PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>>
>> I'd vote for the extra round trip and implementation of caching whenever
>> possible. Using another endpoint is really annoying, I already have
>> specific stuff for cinder to setup both v1 and v2 endpoint, as v2
>> doesn't fully implements what's in v1. BTW, where are we with this? Can
>> I fully get rid of the v1 endpoint, or will I still experience some
>> Tempest failures?
>>
>> Thomas Goirand (zigo)
>
> This would really surprise me as /v2 was mostly a full copy of /v1, to
> some degree. If you see anything missing please file a bug. I am not
> aware of anything myself.
>
> /v1 would have been gone by know according to our original deprecation
> plan. We've since realized we can't ever fully get rid of it, but there
> should be no reason to still need to set it up if you have v2.

Thanks for your reply.

All I'm reporting is issues that I experienced with Liberty. Puppet guys
also told me to setup both v1 and v2 endpoints in Keystone. It's not
really clear to me why (yet), but it solved some tempest test failures
for sure.

I'll probably have another try without setting-up the v1, and see what
happens in Tempest. If I find a bug, I'll report it in Launchpad. But
don't expect this to happen late after b3 is released, as I wont have
the time for such investigation. I may though, before the final Mitaka
release.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)