[openstack-dev] [oslo] documentation on using the oslo.db opportunistic test feature

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Feb 23 01:18:38 UTC 2016

On 02/22/2016 08:08 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sean,
>
> You need to set the env variable like so. See testenv:mysql-python for example
> OS_TEST_DBAPI_ADMIN_CONNECTION=mysql://openstack_citest:openstack_citest@localhost
>
> Thanks,
> Dims
>
> [1] http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=OS_TEST_DBAPI_ADMIN_CONNECTION&i=nope&files=&repos=

If I am reading this correctly, this needs full access to the whole
mysql administratively?

Is that something that could be addressed? In many of my environments
the mysql db does other things as well, so giving full admin to
arbitrary test code is a bit concerning. Tempest ran into a similar
issue and addressed this by allowing for preallocation of accounts. That
kind of approach seems like it would work here given that you could do
grants on well known names.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague