[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:18:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are glad to present this week's subteam report for Ironic. As usual,
this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
- Stats (diff with 08.02.2016):
- Ironic: 156 bugs (-1) + 175 wishlist items (+5). 14 new, 118 in progress
(+2), 0 critical, 19 high and 11 incomplete (+2)
- Inspector: 10 bugs (-2) + 15 wishlist items (-1). 0 new, 7 in progress
(-1), 0 critical, 3 high (-1) and 0 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 16 (-7). 0 new (-1), 0 critical, 0 high

Network isolation (Neutron/Ironic work) (jroll)
- made good progress during midcycle
- first API patch is very close
- second patch needs a major refactoring
    - network provider looks like a driver interface, let's make it the
first composable driver
    - however, that spec doesn't define the API yet :(

Manual cleaning (rloo)
======================
- most has landed! \o/
- docs still need review
- get clean steps from API patch needs a rebase

Live upgrades (lucasagomes, lintan)
===================================
- agreement during midcycle: halt work on the "no-db API service". We do
not believe this is necessary for live upgrades.
- need to get grenade tests working to validate

Parallel tasks with futurist (dtantsur)
=======================================
- Ready for review: https://review.openstack.org/264720
- There are 2 Futurist changes that fix behaviour with extremely low thread
number (e.g. 3)
    - merged, will hopefully be released this week

Node filter API and claims endpoint (jroll, devananda, lucasagomes)
- no update; deprioritized in favor of neutron work, manual cleaning
- talked about this at midcycle
    - spec to be split into two distinct specs, one for filters and one for
claims
    - this part isn't actually the contentious part, rather the nova side
(pushing scheduling decisions down to ironic)  is what people are concerned
with

Nova Liaisons (jlvillal & mrda)
===============================
- Performed a complete bug scrub during the mid-cycle of all open bugs.
Closed 7 of 23 bugs.

Testing/Quality (jlvillal/lekha/krtaylor)
- Grenade: jlvillal will resurrect his patches to make the tempest tests
run the baremetal tests for grenade, like we run for our normal gate jobs
- Put work on trying to make the tempest smoke tests pass for Ironic on the
back burner for now.
- Resurrected patches:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/241018/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/241044/
    - Already -1ed - what are these "tempest flags" and how do we use them?

Inspector (dtansur)
===================
- Released ironic-inspector 2.2.4 for liberty with 2 bug fixes
- HA discussion is ongoing: https://review.openstack.org/253675
- API for aborting introspection landed in both the inspector and client

Bifrost (TheJulia)
==================
- Gate is presently broken for bifrost -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283108/ will correct this issue.

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)
=================================
- api work fixed - working to split large patch before merging
- tests underway

Drivers:
========
CIMC (sambetts)
- Hardware aquired and accounts created, need to install test environment
now

Until next week,
--ruby