[openstack-dev] [all] A proposal to separate the design summit

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Feb 22 17:35:59 UTC 2016

Clayton O'Neill wrote:
> Is the expectation that the ops mid-cycle would continue separately,
> or be held with the meeting formerly known as the Design Summit?
>
> Personally I’d prefer they be held together, but scheduled with the
> thought that operators aren’t likely to be interested in work
> sessions, but that a good number of us would be interested in
> cross-project and some project specific planning sessions.  This would
> also open up the possibility of having some sessions specific intended
> for operator/developer feedback sessions.

I'll let Tom comment on that, but the general idea in the strawman
proposal was that the Ops "midcycle" event would be preserved as a
separate event, but likely turn more and more regional to maximize local
attendance. The rationale was that it's hard for ops to justify
traveling to a contributors-branded event, while they can more easily
justify going to the main OpenStack Summit user conference event, and to
regional Ops gatherings.

But things are still pretty open on that front, so let's see what the
feedback is.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)