[openstack-dev] [kolla] discussion about core reviewer limitations by company

Ryan Hallisey rhallise at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 14:31:15 UTC 2016

Hey Steve,

I think the concept of having a limit on cores from a company or a block on # core reviewers
from the same company on a patch is not the right approach.  I understand the methodology behind
this is to make sure we stay honest to the code base and objective when reviewing, but I don't
think rules/guidelines will accomplish that.  I think what will is that each core understands the
culture of the kolla community.  We have a strong and diverse community and it's important that we
keep it this way.

The culture will remain strong as long as the message of maintaining the culture is echoed by the
PTL and respected by the community members.  That being said, I think we solve this problem by
electing PTLs that maintain this culture and electing core reviews that will respect this culture.
You've done a great job Steve as PTL voicing your concern about maintaining Kolla's diversity as well as
the rest of the core team for following it.  I think this thread is very important and glad you
brought it up because as we grow, we don't want to lose sight of this.

Thanks,
-Ryan