[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] port neutron thin containers to stable/liberty

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:27:41 UTC 2016

Strong +1 from me. This have multiple benefits:
Easier (aka possible) debugging of networking in running envs (not
having tools like tcpdump at your disposal is a pain) - granted, there
are ways to get this working without thin containers but require fair
amount of docker knowledge.
Docker daemon restart will not break routers - currently with docker
restart container with namespace dies and we lose our routers (they
will migrate using HA, but well, still a networking downtime). This
will no longer be the case so...
Upgrades with no vm downtime whatsoever depends on this one.
If we could deploy liberty code with all these nice stuff, I'd be
happier person;)

Cheers,
Michal