[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] How would nova microversion get-me-a-network in the API?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Feb 20 15:29:40 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-19 19:06:17 -0800 (-0800), Armando M. wrote:
[...]
> In fact, if we continue to keep --nic an optional parameter, we
> can reconcile the behavior between nova-net and neutron (which is
> really the win here - make different clouds behave alike).
[...]

Restated, Nova network feature parity was promised by Qua^WNeutron
from the start, and this can be seen simply as filling one of the
remaining, long-standing parity gaps. Even though some "early"
adopters of Neutron might now have grown attached to an unfortunate
and temporary inconsistency between these implementations, this
important work on feature parity should still be driven to
completion.
--
Jeremy Stanley