[openstack-dev] [cinder] adding a new /v3 endpoint for api-microversions

Walter A. Boring IV walter.boring at hpe.com
Fri Feb 19 22:17:47 UTC 2016

>> But, there are no such clients today. And there is no library that does
>> this yet. It will be 4 - 6 months (or even more likely 12+) until that's
>> in the ecosystem. Which is why adding the header validation to existing
>> v2 API, and backporting to liberty / kilo, will provide really
>> substantial coverage for the concern the bswartz is bringing forward.
> Yeah, I have to agree with that. We can certainly have the protection
> out in time.
>
> The only concern there is the admin who set up his Kilo initial release
> cloud and doesn't want to touch it for updates. But they likely have
> more pressing issues than this any way.
>
>> 	-Sean

Not that I'm adding much to this conversation that hasn't been said
already, but I am pro v2 API, purely because of how painful and long
it's been to get the official OpenStack projects to adopt the v2 API
from v1.  I know we need to be sort of concerned about other 'client's
that call the API, but for me that's way down the lists of concerns.
If we go to v3 API, most likely it's going to be another 3+ years before
folks can use the new Cinder features that the microversioned changes
will provides.  This in effect invalidates the microversion capability
in Cinder's API completely.

/sadness
Walt